Monday Feb 06th, 2017Share
I always find birthdays a time of reflection. How has life changed in the past year or the past 20 years? How will life be different in the future?
If you would have told me the journey my life has taken I wouldn’t have believed it and I couldn’t be more grateful. So with life’s unexpected adventures how can you pick a house that will grow and evolve with you and your family?
No one has a crystal ball and can see into the future. As my father would say, you make the best decision you can with the information you have at the time. So what should you think about?
- Do you currently have or plan on having any children?
- What types of pets do you want to include into the brood?
- Does anyone in your immediate family have any health concerns that could impact the type of home you purchase?
- Do you anticipate that your parents will be coming to live with you at some point?
- Are you starting a home business?
- How much yard work do you want to do?
- How long do you plan on staying at this new home?
There is no question that this is a big decision; however, it is important to keep in mind that nothing is forever. Although many people say that they are looking for their “forever home”, the average person moves every 7 years.
When choosing a realtor make sure to include them in the conversation early in the process. They can assist in determining exactly what aspects of a home are important to your family so your next home can grow with you.
Need some help getting started…give me a call and we can work together to make you feel at home.